9 Best No Annual Fee Credit Cards for 2018
The 9 best no annual fee cards to use in 2018.
1. Chase Freedom®
- 5% cash back/5 points per dollar on up to $1,500 in eligible spending. For instance, in the 1st quarter of 2018 you can earn these bonus rewards on spending at gas stations, on internet, cable & phone bills, and utilizing mobile payment platforms Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Android Pay & Chase Pay.
- The card comes with a $150 (15,000-point) sign-up bonus after you spend $500 in the 1st 3 months.
- Points are worth 1 cent each toward travel booked though the Ultimate Rewards travel portal or toward gift cards
- If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or Ink Business Preferred Credit Card, you can combine your points & use them with Ultimate Rewards transfer partners or redeem them for 1.25 cents each toward free travel booked through the Chase portal.
- If you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve, you can combine your points & use them for 1.5 cents apiece toward travel booked through the Chase portal.
Note: this card charges a 3% foreign transaction fee.
2. The Ink Business Cash card
- The card is an impressive no-fee pick,
- It’s offering an elevated bonus of $500 when you spend $3,000 in the 1st 3 months.
- Earn 5% back on the 1st $25,000 spent in combined purchases each account year at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services
- 2% cash back on the 1st $25,000 spent at restaurants and gas stations & 1% back on everything else.
- If you have an Ultimate Rewards earning card, you can transfer your cash-back rewards & redeem them as points, which means the 5% back category is equivalent to a 5x category.
3. Discover it® Card
- The card offers 5% cash back on the first $1,500 in eligible spending
- 1% unlimited cash back on all other purchases.
- 10% cash back on quarterly bonus categories
- An unlimited 2% cash back on all other spending for a year
- No over-limit fee, no foreign transaction fees & no late fee on the 1st late payment.
4. Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card
- Earn 1.5% cash back on all spending
- If you hold a premium Ultimate Rewards-earning card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Ink Business Preferred, you can redeem the cash back as points to get 1.5x Ultimate Rewards on all purchase
- Some of your spending probably doesn’t fall within a bonus category, the cumulative effect of increasing rewards by 50% on all your non-bonus expenditures is huge.
- If you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which gets you 1.5 cents per point toward travel through the Chase portal, you can combine your Freedom Unlimited card points with your Sapphire Reserve points, meaning you’ll earn a 2.25% return on all spending with the no-fee Chase Freedom Unlimited Card.
- This card charges a 3% foreign transaction fee.
5. PenFed Pathfinder Rewards American Express® Card
- The Pathfinder Rewards card has a 25,000-point sign-up bonus after spending $2,500 on the card in the 1st 3 months of account opening.
- It earns 3x points on all travel purchases
- PenFed Honors Advantage members earn 4x on travel purchases
- Earn 1.5x points on all other purchases
- Every point with PenFed is basically worth 1 cent each.
- Sign up bonus & earnings rates alone for a no annual fee card would be plenty to make this a great option, but the card offers even more.
- Every five years you receive a $100 credit for the Global Entry or TSA PreCheck registration fee and you receive a $100 annual airline fee credit.
- Use the credit for incidentals like lounge access, checked baggage or onboard purchases on any US-headquartered airline – can be used across multiple airlines for a total of $100.
- You must be a member of PenFed to get the card, and almost anyone can qualify.
- No military service required.
6. Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card
- Earn an unlimited 2% cash back on all purchases
- No rewards cap & no annual fee.
- You can deposit your rewards into one of six eligible Fidelity account types, and can even choose multiple accounts to direct your rewards into: Brokerage account, Fidelity-managed 529 College Savings plan, Fidelity Cash Management Account, Retirement account, Fidelity Go account & Fidelity Charitable® Giving Account®
- You can deposit your rewards into a family member’s account.
- You’ll enjoy all the additional benefits of a Visa Signature card, like 24/7 concierge and Signature shopping & travel discounts
- The card is offered by Elan Financial Services, if you feel the need to diversify which card issuers you’re opening new accounts with.
- It does charge a foreign transaction fee
- 1% it’s lower than some of the other card’s fees on this list
7. Capital One Venture Rewards cards
- Venture One Rewards & Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card will earn 10x Venture Miles on Hotels.com purchases.
- No annual fee
- It’s offering a 20,000-mile sign up bonus after spending $1,000 in the first three months of account opening – that’s worth $200 in travel
- 10x earnings on Hotels.com, the card earns 1.25 miles per dollar spent every day with no cap
- 25% boost on all purchases.
- Earn more than 1% back toward travel and save 20% on almost any hotel by combining 10x points earned with the Hotels.com Rewards program, the Capital One Venture One is a definite top no annual fee card to consider.
8. Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- No annual fee
- Earn up to 1.2 American Express Membership Rewards points per dollar
- If you use your card for at least 20 transactions in a month, you’ll be rewarded with a 20% point bonus.
- Earn 2x points on the 1st $6,000 you spend at US supermarkets each year – then 1x.
- The card is offering a welcome bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards when you spend $1,000 in the 1st 3 months of account opening.
- Charges a 2.7% foreign transaction fee.
- Don’t confuse this no-fee card with the Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card from American Express, which can earn you up to 1.5 Membership Rewards on all purchases & 3x points at US supermarkets – on the first $6,000 spent per year
- $95 annual fee.
9. Uber Visa Card
- No annual fee – great bonus spend categories with the points earned able to be redeemed toward gift cards, Uber credit or cash back.
- Earn 4% back on restaurants, takeout and bars, including UberEats
- 3% back on airfare, hotel & vacation home rentals;
- 2% back on online purchases including Uber, video, online shopping & music streaming services
- Certain online purchases are excluded, including third-party payment services
- 1% back on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees, cell phone insurance up to $600, and offers a $50 credit for an online video, music or shopping subscription service when you spend $5,000 on the card in a calendar year.