Citi ThankYou Premier’s Rare 50,000 Point Signup Bonus is Back
- No annual fee the 1st year, and then $95.
- Earn triple points on air & hotel (Prestige) but on all travel. – 1X points on All Other Purchases, 2X Points on Dining Out & Entertainment & 3X Points on Travel, Including Gas Stations
50,000 point signup bonus after $4000 in purchases on the card within your 1st 3 months of account opening. What we have seen most of the time has been either a 30,000 point bonus or no signup bonus at all.
50,000 points transfer one-to-one to a variety of frequent flyer programs or can be spent directly at 1.25 cents apiece towards airfare on any airline or redeemed for 1 cent apiece for gift cards.
Citibank Points Transfer Partners
- Oneworld: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Qatar Airways Privilege Club, Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- Non-alliance: Etihad Airways Guest, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, jetBlue, Jet Airways JetPrivilege
- Star Alliance: Avianca LifeMiles, EVA Air Infinity MileageLands, Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- SkyTeam: Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles, Air France-KLM
Singapore, Virgin & Air France are duplicated by both Chase and American Express, and Cathay Pacific & Etihad are duplicated by American Express
And My favorite choices are:
- Cathay Pacific AsiaMiles for distance-based premium cabin awards on Cathay
- Air France KLM Flying Blue for better availability on Air France than is offered to partners and Air France arguably has the best transatlantic business class now
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club for ANA first and business class roundtrips to and from Japan
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer for better premium cabin award space than is offered to partners, upgrades from premium economy to business, and United domestic premium awards)
- Etihad Guest for Etihad premium cabin awards, American Airlines awards at cheap prices
Citi Cards When Choosing to Apply:
- Citibank doesn’t have a hard limit on the number of their cards you can have thoug how much credit they’ll make available for each person will vary.
- After you apply for one card they’ll consider another application from you 8 days later, however you can’t apply over 2 cards in 65 days.
- Citi offer the bonus on a new card account if you haven’t opened or closed a card in that product’s family in the past 24 months.
- If you’ve opened a Citi Prestige card in the past 24 months you won’t be eligible for this bonus & get this bonus now you won’t be eligible for a Citi Prestige bonus.