Some reasons to Get the Citi ThankYou Premier Card
Citi ThankYou Premier Card
No annual fee for the first year, the $95.
It’s a stronger points-earning card than the $450 annual fee Citi Prestige Card since it doesn’t just earn triple points on air & hotel but on all travel (like gas).
- Signup Bonus With No Annual Fee the First Year
The card is offer a 50,000 point signup bonus after $4000 in purchases on the card within first 3 months of account opening. And no annual fee for the first year.
- Fastest Earning Citi Card
- 1X points on All Other Purchases
- 2X Points on Entertainment & Dining Out
- 3X Points on Travel, Including Gas Stations
The double points category isn’t only restaurants, and also entertainment, and that’s not just things like movies & converts several readers have told me some wineries even code this way.
- Unique Points Transfer Partners
Not all ThankYou points transfer to airline miles, for instance points from checking accounts and no annual fee Citi ThankYou points-earning cards do not.
The Citi ThankYou® Premier Card transfer one-to-one to a variety of frequent flyer programs or can be spent directly at 1.25 cents apiece towards airfare on any airline or redeemed for 1 cent apiece for gift cards.
This card’s Citibank ThankYou points transfer to:
- Non-alliance: Etihad Airways Guest, jetBlue, Jet Airways JetPrivilege, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club,
- oneworld: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, Qatar Airways Privilege Club, Malaysia Airlines Enrich, Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Star Alliance: Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Avianca LifeMiles, Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, EVA Air Infinity MileageLands
- SkyTeam: Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles, Air France-KLM
Transfer partner choices do overlap Chase and American Express:
- Etihad Guest for Etihad premium cabin awards, American Airlines awards at cheap prices
- Air France KLM Flying Blue for better availability on Air France than is offered to partners and Air France arguably has the best transatlantic business class now
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club for ANA first and business class roundtrips to and from Japan
- Cathay Pacific AsiaMiles for distance-based premium cabin awards on Cathay
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer for better premium cabin award space than is offered to partners, upgrades from premium economy to business, and United domestic premium awards)
Singapore, Air France & Virgin are duplicated by both Chase and American Express, and Cathay Pacific and Etihad are duplicated by American Express.
However there are some reasons to transfer to other partners such as Garuda & Qantas.
And this duplication is a huge benefit rather than a downside to the card. You can sign up for a Citi ThankYou® Premier Card, a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and put the points from each into the same place so that you can redeem for better travel for yourself or have enough points to travel with someone.
Some Things to learn Citi Cards When Choosing to Apply
- After you apply for one card they’ll consider another application from you 8 days later, you can’t apply for more than 2 cards in 65 days.
- Citibank doesn’t have a hard limit on the number of their cards you can have though of course how much credit they’ll make available for each person will vary.
- Citi will give you the bonus on a new card account if you haven’t opened or closed a card in that product’s family in the past 24 months.
- If you have opened a Citi Prestige card in the past 24 months you won’t be eligible for this bonus.
- If you get this bonus you won’t be eligible for a Citi Prestige bonus.
- No annual fee