SPG Buy & Gift Starpoints 35% Off Sale
End of date: March 16, 2018
You can purchase for your account or receive as a gift max of 30,000 Starpoints in a calendar year & The account that receives Starpoints must have been open for a minimum of 14 days.
It may take up to 24 hours to receive states for the points to post to your account.
Get an email receipt that the purchase has been completed & the points have been deposited to your SPG account.
So, Does it make sense to purchase Starpoints at this price?
Starwood has devalued the Starpoints by the yearly category creep. There can be some values left during special events, lower category properties & high season.
Also, you can buy Starpoints to convert them to Marriott Rewards points that are cheaper to purchase this way.
You can convert 20,000 Starpoints to 25,000 airline miles in most partner programs – not on United’s and some others.
However, this is a good way to purchase partner airline miles at reasonable price.
Even you can do better if you wait for a conversion bonus offer that airline programs often have.
You can also consider this is a way to purchase Marriott Rewards points at 0.76 cents each and use them towards Travel Packages
I would transfer points into accounts where purchasing miles is either not possible or quite expensive like Lufthansa Miles or Singapore Airlines & More – Lufthansa is only worth it because of the enhanced availability.
Terms & conditions apply:
- Transactions must be completed between 9:00 AM ET February 1, 2018 and 11:59 PM ET March 16, 2018 to be eligible for the discount.
- Purchased points do not count towards Preferred Guest, Gold Preferred Guest, or Platinum Preferred Guest Status.
- Transactions are final & nonrefundable.
- Other terms & conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest Program apply.
Draw a conclusion:
- This is the highest general discount that Starwood has ever sold Starpoints.
- They had one Mystery Bonus late 2016 where some accounts had up to 50% off.